07 August 2009

30 Years and Counting - Epilogue

I wonder what tomorrow has in mind for me
Or am I even in it's mind at all.
Perhaps I'll get a chance to look ahead and see
Soon as I find myself a crystal ball.
Soon as I find myself a crystal ball.


- from Crystal Ball by Styx*


(Okay...I can almost hear some of you out there cheering, now that I've reached the end...)

The bottom line of these last ten posts with which I wish to leave you is this: if you have a reunion of your high school graduating class coming up, duct tape your own Captain Paranoia to a chair and go. The experience was exhilarating, refreshing, and more than a little liberating. In short, it was a blessing.


If this shadow has offended,
Think but this, and all is mended;
That you have but slumber'd here
While these words did appear.
And this weak and idle theme,
No more yielding but a dream,
Gentles, do not reprehend;
If you pardon, I shall mend.
Whilst a joyous time by me was had,
And all I saw did make me glad,
I must admit to faces missed
In this parting of Time's mist.
Jeff and Jeff and Jackie, too,
Marvelyn, I did miss you.
Patty, Cindy, Mike, and John,
I pray success has carried on.
Clark and Susan and Eileen;
Faces wished for but not seen.
Fin'ly, now, a gentle prayer
For friends of ours no longer here:
May God's sweet mercy on your soul
Waft you to your final goal.
To all the rest, I bid adieu,
With hopes to once again see you
Someday, in a future time,
When the Class of '79,
Can once again in Tulsa meet.
Until then, may your lives be sweet.

(with a tip of the hat to The Bard)

Best regards...



* Crystal Ball © A&M Records, Inc. 1976, 1988


© James P. Rice 2009

1 comment: